Three seperate Data Processing menus are displayed on the right edge of the main window. These are (1) Log Processing, (2) VSP Processing and (3) Modelling/Survey Planning.
- Log processing is mainly aimed at processing log curves
- VSP processing is for processing VSP seismic waveforms
- Modelling/Survey Planning has similar functionality as Log Processing, but is focussed more towards modeling and planning
Each one the Data Processing buttons will either be allowed or disallowed depending on the type of data that has been selected in the Data-list.
7.0.1 Log Processing options
In the Log Processing module, the following processes are available. As of version 2.3.26 there are 39 processes available, spread over 9 groups as shown following.
Not all of these processes are enabled by default, as the ones that have asterix require an "extra features license" to enable them. This license is a free download, see section 1.1 for more details.
A: Dataset Operations
- Depth Shift
- Resample a dataset
- Copy a dataset
- Merge 2 Datasets *
- Copy curve to another dataset *
- Splice 2 Datasets *
- Extend Depth Range of a Dataset *
B: Function on a Log Curve
- Linear Function
- Raise to Power
- Add 2 curves
- Multiply 2 curves
- Divide a curve by another
C: Curve Filtering
- Moving Average
- Median Filter
- Backus Averaging
D: Curve Blocking
- Automatic Zone Detection *
- Block a curve from zones *
- Block DT, DTS and RHOB curves from zones *
E: Directional Computations ( see section 7.1)
- TVD from Inclination/Azimuth
- Re-index a dataset to TVD
F: Porosity & Shale Volume (see sections 7.2 and 7.3)
- Shale/Clay Volume
- Porosity & Grain Density
- Density Porosity
- Sonic Porosity
G: Sonic, Velocity and Density
- Sonic to Velocity
- Velocity to Sonic
- Acoustic Impedance
- Compute VPVS and PR
- Estimate Vs from Vp
- Estimate RHOB from Vp
H: Rock Strength ( see section 7.4)
- Compute Dynamic Modulus
- Static Young's Modulus Correlations *
- Static Bulk & Shear Modulus Correlations *
- UCS Correlations *
I: Time-Depth Conversion and Synthetic (see section 7.5)
- Convert to TWT from Sonic ITT *
- Convert to TWT from VSP time-depth *
- Synthetic Seismogram *
7.0.2 Examples of User Interaction with the Processing Menus
Two examples from the Log Processing menu's are shown below to illustrate the layout of these windows.
The first example is from Moving Average Filter. This only requires one log curve from a single dataset as an input.
- The first dropdown list is the dataset name.
- Once the dataset has been selected, the other dropdown list will be populated with the curve names from that dataset, and the curve to be filtered can then be selected.
The second example is from TWT Conversion. This requires log curves from two seperate datasets.
- The first dropdown list is to select the Time-Depth dataset, and the curve (TWT) to be selected from this dataset is below and on the left.
- The second dropdown list is to select the Log curve dataset, and Sonic curve that is to be selected is below and on the right.
Beneath the Dataset and Curve selections are the parameters requried for the processing.
Finally click Compute. The processing result can then be found in the data-list.